You’ll never buy a store-bought salad again…
This is hands-down my favorite salad I’ve ever made. A few months ago, I started experimenting with tahini, and it is a GAME. CHANGER. It adds such a great creamy, nutty flavor to the dressing and pairs perfectly with the bright tanginess of lemon. Plus, all the protein and veggies make this salad satisfying, which I can’t say the same about all the salads I’ve had…
I’m including my favorite ingredients below, but I tend to switch it up every week. Some of my go-to’s are cooked beets (adds a nice pop!) and shelled edamame (extra protein). I also love to top this salad with falafel or chicken.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 2 bowls
- 1 medium bunch of mixed greens or kale (or the amount of greens you like to add to your salad!)
- 1/3 cup cooked chickpeas (or canned)
- 1/2 ripe medium avocado
- 1 cup frozen broccoli (if using fresh broccoli, flash boil it to soften the stalks)
- 2 tbs. chopped almonds
- 1-2 tbs. lemon juice (adjust to taste)
- 1-1 1/2 tbs. tahini (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp. salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp. black pepper (adjust to taste)
- (If using kale) Chop kale into small pieces and massage in a large bowl with 1 tbs. lemon juice and 1/2 tsp. salt. This will make the leaves tender. The leaves will wilt, so make sure you have enough to build your salad.
- Cut avocado into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add broccoli to a well-oiled pan over medium heat. Toss broccoli as it begins to brown, adding in 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper (or to taste). Sauté until broccoli is browned or lightly charred.
- Place greens, chickpeas, broccoli, almonds, lemon juice, and remaining salt and pepper (or to taste) to a large bowl. Drizzle over tahini and toss until well combined.
- Mix in the avocados last (or arrange on top) to prevent them from getting mushy.
Get notified when I post a new recipe!