Summer just got hotter…
I first had a chili margarita in Hawaii, and it was the best margarita I had ever had. My cousin and I recreated it at home, and it is GOOD. The jalapeño is optional, but it is absolutely worth it. If the tequila wasn’t enough, the chili adds an extra feel-good kick going down. You have to try it.
Spicy margs just hit different.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Serves: 1 drink
- 1 shot tequila
- 1 shot orange liquor
- 1-2 shots fresh-squeezed lime juice (to taste)
- 1-3 slices of jalapeño pepper
- 3-5 ice cubes
- 1 tbs. salt
- Add tequila, orange liquor, lime juice, and ice to a shaker and shake! À la James Bond, we like it “shaken, not stirred.”
- To create the salty edge on your glass, wet the lip of your glass with lime juice and twist over a plate of salt.
- Drop in a few slices of jalapeño (start with one and increase to taste!). I promise it’s worth it.