As TikTok once said, pesto eggs are delicious.
Eggs on toast. What a concept. In this recipe, we’re taking “eggs on toast” to a new level. Pesto eggs have been taking over the Internet, so today I decided to give it a try. I had a bunch of pesto leftover from my pesto pasta the night before (recipe linked below!), so I thought it was the perfect time to hop on the bandwagon. I have no regrets.
So, grab your favorite bread and pesto (homemade or store-bought!), and let’s get into it…
Cook Time: 4-10 minutes Serves: 2 toasts
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of toast
- 2-3 tbs. of pesto (adjust to taste)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Spread pesto in a thin layer over a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. No need for oil! The oil in the pesto will prevent the egg from sticking.
- Crack eggs over the pesto and cover the pan. Let the eggs cook to your desired level. I like mine a little gooey and runny on the inside (about 3-5 minutes).
- Using a spatula, transfer the pesto egg onto your toast. Optionally top with red pepper flakes.