Texas in a bowl.
I started work this week and am in need of quick, easy recipes. I whipped up this salad during my lunch break, and it is here to stay! I love the light creaminess of the cilantro lime dressing, which pairs perfectly with the bright freshness of the corn and tomatoes. Plus, the beans and chickpeas add great protein to get me through a long work day!
This salad also keeps well in the fridge, so you can make it ahead of time. It’s perfect for a quick meal or your last-minute summer barbecue with friends. Delicious!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Serves: 2 bowls
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, unsalted
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted (or fresh if in season!)
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned chickpeas
- 5-10 cherry tomatoes, sliced (depending on size)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 1 tbs. tahini
- 2 tsp. lime juice (adjust to taste)
- 1-2 tbs. water (adjust for desired thickness)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt (adjust to taste)
- In a medium bowl, mix together kidney beans, corn, chickpeas, tomatoes, and onion.
- In a food processor or small blender, blend cilantro, tahini, lime juice, 1-2 tbs. water (add in increments until dressing reaches desired thickness), and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Toss salad with dressing, plus a few more pinches of salt (adjust to taste). Mix the avocado in last to avoid getting mushy. Enjoy!
Get notified when I post a new recipe!