Grill Master Level: Unlocked
Summer means barbecue season is upon us! Asparagus is one of my favorite ingredients to grill. Not that pan-frying or baking is boring, but the fire from the barbecue brings out asparagus’ flavor and texture in a whole new way. Plus, with a squeeze of lemon, this asparagus recipe just screams summer.
Cook Time: 7-10 minutes Serves: 2 servings
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt (adjust to taste)
- Pinch of pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice (adjust to taste)
- Trader Joe’s “Everything but the Bagel Seasoning” (optional)
- Fire up grill to a low heat.
- Toss asparagus in olive oil.
- Using tongs, carefully place asparagus horizontally across the grill ridges to avoid the asparagus falling through the cracks.
- Cover the grill and let cook for 7-10 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Remove asparagus from the heat and toss in salt and pepper. Add a squeeze of lemon and dash of “Everything but the Bagel Seasoning” over top. Enjoy!