Yes, hummus pasta.
You may have seen the viral “baked feta pasta” that has been taking over TikTok. People have been going crazy over baking a block of feta cheese with cherry tomatoes, and then mixing it all together into a pasta sauce. Because I’m dairy-free, I opted for the vegan version of this dish: baked hummus pasta. The hummus and tomatoes add a great tanginess, elevated by the great roasted flavor from baking. It is SO easy to make and SO good.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Serves: 2 servings
- 2 servings dry pasta
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. oregano
- Pinch of salt (adjust to taste)
- Squeeze of lemon (optional)
- Sprig of fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Place tomatoes and garlic in a medium glass baking dish. Toss with olive oil.
- Dollop hummus into center of dish and sprinkle with pepper and oregano.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until tomatoes blister.
- Cook pasta according to the box’s directions.
- Using the back of a fork, crush tomatoes and garlic. Mix together with the hummus until a creamy sauce forms.
- Add salt and lemon juice to taste. Mix the pasta into the sauce and optionally garnish with basil.