For the days when you have literally no time…
Lately, I’ve had a lot of those days. I don’t have a lot of time for breaks, and when I do, I need a BIG energy boost. Enter my Almond Date Protein Balls. I’ve been making variations of these for years, but I always come back to this recipe. Besides being delicious, they’re packed with nutrients. First, we’ve got one of my all-time favorite superfoods: chia seeds. Chia seeds are a great source of fiber and omega-3s. Then, we’ve got protein from rolled oats and almond butter. Together, they really elevate my energy levels and keep me fuller for longer. Plus, there’s no refined sugar–only dates and honey.
These protein balls are easy to pack and take on the go. Whip them up, store them in the fridge, and grab a few to stash in your purse when you’re heading out. You won’t regret it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Serves: 8 protein balls
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbs. almond butter (adjust for texture)
- 2 tsp. honey (adjust for texture)
- 2 medjool dates, pitted (or 1-2 tbs. raisins)
- 8 almonds
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tsp. melted coconut oil
- Chop dates and almonds into small pieces.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add more almond butter, honey, or coconut oil if mixture is too dry.
- Shape mixture into eight 1-inch balls. Enjoy!