Vegan never looked so good…
Tacos are a major food group for me. Baja fish tacos, chicken tacos, chorizo tacos…and then there are the vegan tacos. Vegans really stepped up to the plate for this one. I’ve had tofu tacos, mushroom tacos, even cactus tacos. Now, enter the cauliflower tacos. Cauliflower has been turned into pizza crust, gnocchi, “steak,” and buffalo wings, so I wanted to try my hand at cauliflower tacos. They did not disappoint. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside–need I say more? Plus, with the right toppings (don’t skip the avocado), this dish reaches a whole new level. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 16-20 minutes Serves: 3 servings
Taco / Filling:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 + 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 + 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Hot sauce (I love Cholula!)
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cut cauliflower into 1-2 inch florets. Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and salt.
- In an air fryer, fry cauliflower in batches such that the florets just cover the bottom of the fryer. Cook at 400° Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Heat tortillas in pan over low heat until warm and pliable.
- Add cauliflower and toppings to tortilla. Enjoy!
Get notified when I post a new recipe!