Fall starts now.
It’s the first day of fall, a.k.a time to bring out the bad boys (brussels sprouts). I’ve had brussels sprouts a million and a half ways, but these may just take the top spot. First of all, they’re roasted (keep steamed brussels sprouts away from me!). Second, you can’t add dates and cashes and not love the flavor. The medjool dates–plus a hint of honey–bring just enough sweetness to take away the bitterness of the brussels sprouts while not stealing the show. And the cashews? The nuttiness and crunchy texture bring the whole dish together.
These brussels sprouts are perfect for honestly any kind of fall meal. Cozy night in, date night (and a glass a wine), or Thanksgiving. Enjoyyy!
Prep Time: 5-8 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes Serves: 2 servings
- 2 cups shaved brussels sprouts
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- Approximately 15 salted, roasted cashews
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Roughly chop the cashews and dates into centimeter-sized pieces.
- Toss brussels sprouts, dates, salt, garlic powder, oil, and honey together in a small baking pan (I’m using a 1.6 quart glass baking dish).
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until brussels sprouts turn lightly golden.
- Mix in the roasted cashews and enjoy!