A quick and easy party pleaser!
Frittata, a.k.a. a simple and delicious way to clean out your fridge. After planning a last-minute brunch, it was a relief to have this quick and simple dish ready to go! I threw in my favorite veggies, but you can really mix up this frittata with anything you’ve got. Bell peppers, broccoli…whatever you have on hand! It’s a “kitchen sink” sort of deal. Quick, easy, and SO GOOD.
Plus, your friends and family will never know just how easy this frittata is to whip this up…
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6-8 slices
- 6 eggs
- 14-16 asparagus stalks
- 2-3 medium Bella mushrooms
- 5-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 medium yellow onion
- 1/3 cup cooked, roughly crumbled sausage (your choice of meat or vegan)
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 1-1 1/2 tsp. salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2-1 tsp. black pepper (adjust to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and lightly oil medium cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until light and fluffy.
- Dice mushrooms, tomatoes, and onion into 1/2 to 1 cm pieces. Cut basil leaves into strips or small pieces. Stir into to egg mixture with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into cast iron skillet.
- Cut asparagus stalks to 1/2 the diameter of the skillet. Toss lightly with oil before arranging in circular pattern on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until egg mixture has set up and is lightly browned. The frittata will continue to cook once removed from the oven.